Department of Agricultural Leadership, Education & Communication (ALEC) – Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources (IANR) – University of Nebraska Lincoln
The Department of Agricultural Leadership, Education, and Communication (ALEC) is a leader in providing innovative programs to develop extraordinary teachers, leaders, and communicators.
- Educating and preparing leaders, teachers, and communicators for successful careers.
- Developing engaged and productive community members.
- Providing innovative strategies that support excellence and best practices in teaching, research, and engagement.
- Establishing strategic partnerships with communities and industry.
- Nebraska Human Resource Institute is leadership development program that pairs college leaders with 1st-12th grade leaders in a one-on-one investment relationship to grow individuals’ ability to positively influence others.
- Rural Civic Action Program build leadership capacity within undergraduate students, and at the same time build leadership capacity of rural high school students and increase their ability to positively impact their respective communities. ALEC partnered with Civic Nebraska to create a senior-level course by which University of Nebraska (NU) undergraduate student “fellows” facilitate a service learning project with middle school and high school youth in rural communities. We are always looking for communities who want to engage their youth in community leadership development.
- Graduate programs (both master’s of science and doctoral) immerse students in the increasingly complex area of leadership. The programs are designed to enhance prior education and experience to prepare for careers related to leadership, organization or community development. We are always looking for partners who want to create collaborations between our students and organizations or communities.
- Employee Development, Hiring and Policies
Internship Programs and Student Services
- Youth Entrepreneurship Education
- Human Resources
- Professional / Leadership Development
- Formal Mentoring Programs
- Peer Mentoring
- Human Resources
- Strategic Planning
- Human Resources Training