State Trade Expansion Program (STEP) – Office of International Trade -Nebraska Department of Economic Development
- Businesses must fill out an application to identify as a small business entity.
- After qualification, the company must submit an Itemized Budget Request (IBR) for each activity for which they’re requesting funding.
- The submitted IBR must be approved before incurring any costs related to the project in order to be eligible for reimbursement.
Applicants must operate a business in Nebraska to process, manufacture, and/or distribute a product, or provide an exportable service. They must be in business for at least one year, and they must qualify as a small business entity according to U.S. Small Business Administration standards.
The following are examples of activities a STEP grant can support:
- Domestic and International Trade shows
- International Sales Trips
- USDOC Match Marketing Programs
- Marketing media design and translation services
- Website development and website optimization services
- 3rd Party Product Compliance Testing
- Training / Educational Activities
Financial Resources and Assistance
- Technology Grants
Import and Export Assistance
- Financial Assistance for Exporting Activities
301 Centennial Mall South
Lincoln, NE 68509