Recipe to Reality Seminar – Starting a Food Manufacturing Business
August 11 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm CDT$250.00
The Recipe to Reality Seminar is the first phase of the National Food Entrepreneur Program. For complete information regarding the program please click here National Food Entrepreneur Program Information Page
Recipe to Reality provides a general overview of the many issues involved in developing a food manufacturing business. Seminar topics address important questions that every entrepreneur should consider. The seminar is available In Person or also as an On Demand format.
By attending Recipe to Reality, entrepreneurs gain in one day information that could take months to research on their own. They will acquire valuable knowledge on the basics of starting a food business. The seminar helps attendees understand the challenges of starting a food business and allows them to make an informed decision as to whether developing a business and allows them to make an informed decision as to whether developing a business is the right choice for them.
Participants include individuals interested in marketing a family recipe, individuals with a product idea or concept, producers considering adding value to an agricultural product, and restaurateurs or chefs exploring the manufacturing of a house specialty.
- Market research and selection – What are your target market options? What is market research and how do you use it?
- Product and process development – How do you commercialize your recipe? What are your processing facility options?
- Food regulatory issues and agencies – What agencies govern the food industry? How do the food regulations affect your business?
- Packaging and labeling – What are the required elements of a food label? What claims are allowed on food labels?
- Pricing and cost analysis – How do you determine a competitive price for your product? What other business costs do I need to consider?
- Product introduction and sales – How do you introduce your product to the marketplace? How do you create sales?
- Promotional material package – How do you create your promotional message? What should your promotional package include?
- Food safety and sanitation – What are the basics of food safety? What are the microbiology concerns for food products?
- Business structure – How should you structure your business? How should you protect your business?
Manager – National Food Entrepreneur Program – University of Nebraska Food Processing Center
Manager – Product Development -University of Nebraska Food Processing Center
Do you have a business-building event that should be added?
*We reserve the right to publish events on an individual basis. All events must be business related, non-sales with a focus on educating and benefiting the business community.